It has been a couple of weeks since that eminent Man of Letters, Lee Price, honoured this corner of the blogosphere with the 7 X 7 Link Award. I vaguely recall blushing, sharing the good news with my family and promising to follow-up with the responsibilities of the recipient. Well, as happens with all of us, there are times when the blog is your life and times when life gets in the way of your blog.
The first duty of the recipient is to thank the giver and that I do most happily. Thank you, Lee, friend of my IMDb days and beyond. If you choose to take a look at the Blog list on the right, you will find two of Lee's contributions to the blogging world to visit, 21 Essays and Art and June. I am pleased to know that you will thank me for pointing you in their direction.
No. 2 encourages the recipient to share seven random facts about themselves. H'm.
- I consider toast and peanut butter to be a delicacy, and gravy a beverage.
- As a child I thought that being an adult meant that your feet would touch the floor when you sat down. This has not proven to always be the case.
- I am the "grandmother" of two cats, Beatrice, named for the "B" in J.B. Fletcher, and Rosemary, named for Miss Clooney of musical fame.
- I alphabetize my movie/tv show collection.
- I am at the stage of life where I don't know who any of the major baseball players are, but I recognize the coaches.
- Jerome Moross' theme for Wagon Train can make me cry.
- I am afraid of heights.
The 3rd responsibility is one that requires some thought. It is to share seven of your posts under the following headings:
- Most Beautiful Piece: My tribute to Charlton Heston upon his passing.
- Most Helpful: My daughter says it is Clivey Rules!. She is not sure how knowing more about E.E. Clive is going to be helpful, but believes it will be someday.
- Most Popular: Even non movie fans had nice things to say about Lenny's Lesson Plan.
- Most Controversial: Dare I say it? Yes, it must be The Eternal Question: Chester or Festus?
- Most Surprisingly Successful: Rex Stout Causes Unrest in Marriage which was reprinted by Weekly Lizard.
- Most Underrated: H'm. Possibly my look at composer Harry Warren in Harry's Back in Town.
- Most Pride Worthy: I still get a thrill when I think of the second place finish for Inspector Chan in the Best for Film contest, Hollywood Haikus Competition Entry #2.
The 4th responsibility is to nominate seven other bloggers and notify them. A click on the CMBA logo or a look at my Blog List let's you know of many of the interesting and fascinating writers I follow. Today I will pass along the 7 X 7 Link Award to these folks, may they accept it in the spirit it is intended, and follow-up as they choose. I will say that it is an interesting exercise to consider your own work under the provided headings.
- The Arliss Archives is THE place for all us George Arliss fans.
- Pretty Clever Films is a pretty clever site.
- Watch Classics is an admonishment we all find easy to follow.
- Kevin's Movie Corner is a favourite place to visit.
- Celine Olivia is a young woman with quite a head on her shoulders. Check out "Hear the meaning of the word".
- Adam is a venting father in Immature Dad.
- Samantha's motherhood musings will provide laughs and food for thought in Multiple Mayhem Mamma.
Happy reading, all. Thanks again, Lee.