Friday, November 28, 2008

Okay. Let's stop pretending!

The Yanks have had their Thanksgiving. My Bing Crosby and Perry Como Christmas albums have had their first run throughs of the year. The pictures of the kids with Santa are on the bookshelves. The neighbours have had their lights up for a week. I'm going to a Christmas concert this weekend. I'm in a Christmas concert in two weeks. Janet's music school has a concert in one week. Gavin's school as a Holiday Bazaar next week.

Let loose the joy of the season. Let's watch Scrooge and Ralphie and Rudolph. Let's listen to the Firehouse Five Plus Two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guIUa4YJ864

2 comments:

  1. This entry reminded me of a coworker in a bookstore years ago. When pressed, just around this time of year, she would respond: "Oh, Hell. Merry Christmas."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope somebody bought your friend some eggnog.

    ReplyDelete