Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fashion Statement



I was told that in olden days pirates wore earrings to indicate the number of shipwrecks they had survived.

I don't want you to think that in the last 35 years or so that I haven't become accustomed to the fellows wearing earrings. I certainly don't want you to think that the bus driver looked anything less than handsome in his gold hoops. However, it took every bit of my will power to keep from approaching him and saying "A seafaring gentleman, I presume?"

2 comments:

  1. Arrrrr you saying them fellas driving them buses are pirates?! I'm wondering if you might just have assaulted one of them bus drivers with that statement.
    Hush, it could be cause for another strike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they start sporting an eye patch, I would suggest you hail a cab!

    ReplyDelete